Upon completing two years of High School Faith Formation, students will be invited to have a Confirmation Interview. This interview is to determine the student’s readiness to begin Confirmation preparation classes that lead to the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation. The Celebration of the Sacrament will be in February following the Fall Semester of Confirmation Preparation Classes. Students must also attend the Crossroads Retreat during their second year of Faith Formation.
Confirmation Class of 2012-2013
All candidates who have not completed a Confirmation interview MUST do so immediately. Contact Matt in the Youth Office to schedule an appointment.
Sponsors must attend this interview as well and turn in a sponsor form.
Confirmation Classes begin on Sunday, October 21st
6:00-7:00pm in the Large Hall
Archdiocesan Confirmation Guidelines
Each baptized Catholic has the right and the obligation to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, but the candidate has the responsibility to personally choose to complete the initiation into the faith life of the Church. Diocesan Confirmation Guidelines state that the candidate may request the Sacrament if he/she:
- Is baptized and able to renew the baptismal promises unless a grave reason suggests otherwise.
- Exhibits active faith life and knowledge of the Church.
- Participates in the sacramental life of the Church, especially Mass.
- Is willing to commit to active involvement in parish confirmation catechesis.
- Is willing to respond to the call of active ministry.
- Is willing to continue to learn and grow in faith following Confirmation and throughout his/her life.
- Has no impediment to full-communion [e.g. has not notoriously rejected the Catholic faith by joining another denomination or non-Christian faith; if married, is in a marriage recognized as valid by the Catholic Church]