Upon completing two years of High School Faith Formation, students are eligible for Confirmation Year.
Confirmation Year will consist of the Apologetics and the Sacramental Life. This will take place during "Sunday Night Live" on Sunday Nights!!! (If have questions please hit the "Sunday Night Live"!!!!
Archdiocesan Confirmation Guidelines
Each baptized Catholic has the right and the obligation to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, but the candidate has the responsibility to personally choose to complete the initiation into the faith life of the Church. Diocesan Confirmation Guidelines state that the candidate may request the Sacrament if he/she:
- Is baptized and able to renew the baptismal promises unless a grave reason suggests otherwise.
- Exhibits active faith life and knowledge of the Church.
- Participates in the sacramental life of the Church, especially Mass.
- Is willing to commit to active involvement in parish confirmation catechesis.
- Is willing to respond to the call of active ministry.
- Is willing to continue to learn and grow in faith following Confirmation and throughout his/her life.
- Has no impediment to full-communion [e.g. has not notoriously rejected the Catholic faith by joining another denomination or non-Christian faith; if married, is in a marriage recognized as valid by the Catholic Church]